Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the vhost tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 13:25:53 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the vhost tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/linux/virtio.h:9,
                 from drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c:10:
drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c: In function 'virtio_mem_init':
drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c:1720:27: warning: format '%x' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 3 has type 'uint64_t' {aka 'long long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
 1720 |  dev_info(&vm->vdev->dev, "subblock size: 0x%x",
      |                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dev_printk.h:19:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
   19 | #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
      |                      ^~~
drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c:1720:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_info'
 1720 |  dev_info(&vm->vdev->dev, "subblock size: 0x%x",
      |  ^~~~~~~~
drivers/virtio/virtio_mem.c:1720:46: note: format string is defined here
 1720 |  dev_info(&vm->vdev->dev, "subblock size: 0x%x",
      |                                             ~^
      |                                              |
      |                                              unsigned int
      |                                             %llx

Introduced by commit

  676fa9ba893e ("virtio_mem: convert device block size into 64bit")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell