Subject: Re: [PATCH] mm: Move p?d_alloc_track to separate header file

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 01:53:27 +1000

Hi Christophe,

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 17:24:14 +0200 Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Le 09/06/2020 à 14:05, Joerg Roedel a écrit :
> > From: Joerg Roedel <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > The functions are only used in two source files, so there is no need
> > for them to be in the global <linux/mm.h> header. Move them to the new
> > <linux/pgalloc-track.h> header and include it only where needed.  
> 
> Do you mean we will now create a new header file for any new couple on 
> functions based on where they are used ?
> 
> Can you explain why this change is needed or is a plus ?

Well at a minimum, it means 45 lines less to be parsed every time the
linux/mm is included (in at last count, 1996 places some of which are
include files included by other files).  And, as someone who does a lot
of builds every day, I am in favour of that :-)

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell