Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 10:21:44 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the vfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/compat.h:15,
                 from arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:14:
include/linux/socket.h:419:38: warning: 'struct file' declared inside parameter list will not be visible outside of this definition or declaration
  419 | extern int __sys_accept4_file(struct file *file, unsigned file_flags,
      |                                      ^~~~
include/linux/socket.h:427:38: warning: 'struct file' declared inside parameter list will not be visible outside of this definition or declaration
  427 | extern int __sys_connect_file(struct file *file, struct sockaddr_storage *addr,
      |                                      ^~~~

And many more :-(

Introduced by commit

  f0187db056dc ("iov_iter: Move unnecessary inclusion of crypto/hash.h")

Tidying up include files is tricky :-(

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell