Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the pidfd tree with the powerpc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:11:31 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the pidfd tree got a conflict in:

  arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl

between commit:

  35e32a6cb5f6 ("powerpc/syscalls: Split SPU-ness out of ABI")

from the powerpc-fixes tree and commit:

  9b4feb630e8e ("arch: wire-up close_range()")

from the pidfd tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
index c0cdaacd770e,dd87a782d80e..000000000000
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
@@@ -480,6 -524,8 +480,7 @@@
  434	common	pidfd_open			sys_pidfd_open
  435	32	clone3				ppc_clone3			sys_clone3
  435	64	clone3				sys_clone3
 -435	spu	clone3				sys_ni_syscall
+ 436	common	close_range			sys_close_range
  437	common	openat2				sys_openat2
  438	common	pidfd_getfd			sys_pidfd_getfd
  439	common	faccessat2			sys_faccessat2