Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kspp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 23:48:51 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the kspp tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allnoconfig)
failed like this:

x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: fs/file.o: in function `__fd_install_received':
file.c:(.text+0x1010): undefined reference to `sock_from_file'
x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: file.c:(.text+0x104a): undefined reference to `sock_from_file'

Caused by commit

  d3868eea5cbc ("fs: Move __scm_install_fd() to __fd_install_received()")

I reverted these commits for today (from the breaking commit to the end
of the branch):

b29bb87cbb0a selftests/seccomp: Test SECCOMP_IOCTL_NOTIF_ADDFD
af35c3c6a9a5 seccomp: Introduce addfd ioctl to seccomp user notifier
50ca89d3a4fb fs: Expand __fd_install_received() to accept fd
f533d1758f02 pidfd: Replace open-coded partial fd_install_received()
4ab6bcc3ad3b fs: Add fd_install_received() wrapper for __fd_install_received()
d3868eea5cbc fs: Move __scm_install_fd() to __fd_install_received()

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell