Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow building hid.ko as an "external" module

From: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 19:46:10 +0800

Hi Cristian,

Thank you for the patch! Yet something to improve:

[auto build test ERROR on jikos-trivial/for-next]
[also build test ERROR on linux/master linus/master v5.8-rc2 next-20200623]
[If your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, kindly drop us a note.
And when submitting patch, we suggest to use  as documented in
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-format-patch]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Cristian-Klein/Allow-building-hid-ko-as-an-external-module/20200622-160113
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/trivial.git for-next
config: x86_64-rhel-7.6 (attached as .config)
compiler: gcc-9 (Debian 9.3.0-13) 9.3.0
reproduce (this is a W=1 build):
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        make W=1 ARCH=x86_64 

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag as appropriate
Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

>> drivers/hid/intel-ish-hid/ipc/ipc.c:12:10: fatal error: client.h: No such file or directory
      12 | #include "client.h"
         |          ^~~~~~~~~~
   compilation terminated.
--
>> drivers/hid/intel-ish-hid/ipc/pci-ish.c:22:10: fatal error: ishtp-dev.h: No such file or directory
      22 | #include "ishtp-dev.h"
         |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
   compilation terminated.

vim +12 drivers/hid/intel-ish-hid/ipc/ipc.c

ae02e5d40d5f82 Srinivas Pandruvada 2016-08-07 @12  #include "client.h"
ae02e5d40d5f82 Srinivas Pandruvada 2016-08-07  13  #include "hw-ish.h"
ae02e5d40d5f82 Srinivas Pandruvada 2016-08-07  14  #include "hbm.h"
ae02e5d40d5f82 Srinivas Pandruvada 2016-08-07  15  

---
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service, Intel Corporation
https://lists.01.org/hyperkitty/list/[email-masked]