Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the imx-mxs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:50:07 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the imx-mxs tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced these warnings:

arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:350.4-27: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:353.5-28: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:356.6-29: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0/pcie@4,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-gw53xx.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-gw53xx.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-gw53xx.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:349.14-360.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:349.14-360.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:352.15-359.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:352.15-359.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:355.22-358.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0/pcie@4,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:355.22-358.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0/pcie@4,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:407.4-27: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:410.5-28: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:413.6-29: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0/pcie@8,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-gw54xx.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-gw54xx.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-gw54xx.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:406.14-417.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:406.14-417.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:409.15-416.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:409.15-416.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:412.22-415.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0/pcie@8,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:412.22-415.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0/pcie@8,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:350.4-27: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:353.5-28: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:356.6-29: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0/pcie@4,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw53xx.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw53xx.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw53xx.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:349.14-360.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:349.14-360.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:352.15-359.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:352.15-359.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:355.22-358.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0/pcie@4,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi:355.22-358.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,4,0/pcie@4,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:407.4-27: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:410.5-28: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:413.6-29: Warning (reg_format): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0/pcie@8,0,0:reg: property has invalid length (20 bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw54xx.dtb: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw54xx.dtb: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw54xx.dtb: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:406.14-417.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:406.14-417.5: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:409.15-416.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:409.15-416.6: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0: Relying on default #size-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:412.22-415.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0/pcie@8,0,0: Relying on default #address-cells value
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi:412.22-415.7: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /soc/pcie@1ffc000/pcie@0,0,0/pcie@1,0,0/pcie@2,8,0/pcie@8,0,0: Relying on default #size-cells value

Introduced by commits

  26d7c769d460 ("ARM: dts: imx6qdl-gw53xx: allow boot firmware to set eth1 MAC")
  48d799918adf ("ARM: dts: imx6qdl-gw54xx: allow boot firmware to set eth1 MAC")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell