Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 12:44:52 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:

  include/linux/smp.h

between commit:

  380dc20ce843 ("smp, irq_work: Continue smp_call_function*() and irq_work*() integration")

from the tip tree and commit:

  7effc6f7b465 ("EXP kernel/smp: Provide CSD lock timeout diagnostics")

from the rcu tree.

I have no idea how to fix this up ...

I fixed it up (I just effectively reverted the rcu tree commit) and can
carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is
concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell