Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rcu tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 11:34:48 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rcu tree got a conflict in:

  kernel/kcsan/Makefile

between commit:

  f7c28e224da6 ("kbuild: remove cc-option test of -fno-stack-protector")

from the kbuild tree and commits:

  2839a232071f ("kcsan: Simplify compiler flags")
  61d56d7aa5ec ("kcsan: Disable branch tracing in core runtime")

from the rcu tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the rcu tree version) and can carry the fix
as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but
any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell