Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the spi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 14:43:49 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/spi/spi.c

between commit:

  60a883d119ab ("spi: use kthread_create_worker() helper")

from the spi tree and commit:

  3070da33400c ("sched,spi: Convert to sched_set_fifo*()")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/spi/spi.c
index 1d7bba434225,5a4f0bfce474..000000000000
--- a/drivers/spi/spi.c
+++ b/drivers/spi/spi.c
@@@ -1614,11 -1592,9 +1614,9 @@@ EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(spi_take_timestamp_po
   */
  static void spi_set_thread_rt(struct spi_controller *ctlr)
  {
- 	struct sched_param param = { .sched_priority = MAX_RT_PRIO / 2 };
- 
  	dev_info(&ctlr->dev,
  		"will run message pump with realtime priority\n");
- 	sched_setscheduler(ctlr->kworker->task, SCHED_FIFO, &param);
 -	sched_set_fifo(ctlr->kworker_task);
++	sched_set_fifo(ctlr->kworker->task);
  }
  
  static int spi_init_queue(struct spi_controller *ctlr)