Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the bpf-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:16:08 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the bpf-next tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:

ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/trace/bpf_trace.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/bpf/btf.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/bpf/stackmap.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `net/core/filter.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/trace/bpf_trace.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/bpf/btf.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/bpf/stackmap.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `net/core/filter.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/trace/bpf_trace.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/bpf/btf.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `kernel/bpf/stackmap.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'
ld: warning: orphan section `.BTF_ids' from `net/core/filter.o' being placed in section `.BTF_ids'

Presumably ntroduced by the merge of the resolve_btfids branch.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell