Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pci tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 11:39:20 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the pci tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/pci/pci.c:2176:6: error: redefinition of 'pcie_clear_device_status'
 2176 | void pcie_clear_device_status(struct pci_dev *dev)
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from drivers/pci/pci.c:37:
drivers/pci/pci.h:668:20: note: previous definition of 'pcie_clear_device_status' was here
  668 | static inline void pcie_clear_device_status(struct pci_dev *dev) { }
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  02c111e4a5a3 ("PCI/ERR: Rename pci_aer_clear_device_status() to pcie_clear_device_status()")

CONFIG_PCIEAER is not set for this build.

I have used the pci tree from next-20200721 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell