Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:09:53 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kernel/fpu/xstate.c

between commit:

  5714ee50bb43 ("copy_xstate_to_kernel: Fix typo which caused GDB regression")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  0557d64d983e ("x86: switch to ->regset_get()")

from the vfs tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter as it included the former fix) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell