Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mhi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:49:59 +1000

Hi all,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 13:48:00 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> After merging the mhi tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
> failed like this:

WARNING: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.o
WARNING: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.o
WARNING: modpost: missing MODULE_LICENSE() in drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.o
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_read_reg_field" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_state_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_read_reg" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ee_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_reg_field" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_reg" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_get_exec_env" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_set_mhi_state" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ready_state_transition" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "to_mhi_pm_state_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/boot.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_read_reg_field" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_deinit_free_irq" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ring_er_db" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_state_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_read_reg" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_fw_load_handler" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_destroy_device" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_get_mhi_state" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_init_irq_setup" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ring_cmd_db" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_deinit_dev_ctxt" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_init_mmio" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_reg_field" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_free_bhie_table" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_reg" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_db" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ring_chan_db" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_get_exec_env" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_init_dev_ctxt" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "to_mhi_pm_state_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_create_devices" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "dev_state_tran_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/pm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_tryset_pm_state" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_state_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_pm_m0_transition" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_pm_m3_transition" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_queue_state_transition" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_alloc_device" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_init_chan_ctxt" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ee_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_deinit_chan_ctxt" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_pm_sys_err_handler" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_pm_m1_transition" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_bus_type" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "to_mhi_pm_state_str" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/main.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_read_reg_field" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_db_brstmode_disable" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_process_data_event_ring" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_db_brstmode" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_rddm_prepare" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_intvec_threaded_handler" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_debugfs_init" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_read_reg" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_process_ctrl_ev_ring" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ev_task" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_map_single_use_bb" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_ctrl_ev_task" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_unmap_single_use_bb" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_prepare_channel" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_alloc_bhie_table" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_unmap_single_no_bb" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_reg_field" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_intvec_handler" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_free_bhie_table" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_debugfs_exit" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_write_reg" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_map_single_no_bb" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_reset_chan" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_pm_st_worker" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_create_debugfs" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_irq_handler" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "mhi_destroy_debugfs" [drivers/bus/mhi/core/init.ko] undefined!

> I am not sure which commit(s) caused this.
> 
> I have used the mhi tree from next-20200818 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell