Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the v4l-dvb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 12:11:33 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the v4l-dvb tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/media/test-drivers/vivid/vivid-core.c: In function 'vivid_create_devnodes':
drivers/media/test-drivers/vivid/vivid-core.c:1318:11: warning: unused variable 'i' [-Wunused-variable]
 1318 |  int ret, i;
      |           ^
drivers/media/test-drivers/vivid/vivid-core.c: In function 'vivid_create_instance':
drivers/media/test-drivers/vivid/vivid-core.c:1885:47: error: 'cec_tx_bus_cnt' undeclared (first use in this function)
 1885 |  ret = vivid_create_devnodes(pdev, dev, inst, cec_tx_bus_cnt,
      |                                               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/media/test-drivers/vivid/vivid-core.c:1885:47: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Caused by commit

  62c6b4c9e3c8 ("media: vivid: move the devnode creation logic to a separate function")

I have used the v4l-dvb tree from next-20200903 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell