Subject: Re: linux-next: add s390 set_fs branch?

From: Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 18:28:46 +0200

Hi Stephen,

> > I'm wondering what the best way would be to deal with additional s390
> > specific topic branches and how to get them merged into linux-next?
> > 
> > As far as I can tell other maintainers merge all their branches into a
> > 'for-next' branch, so that you only need to pull one branch (and don't
> > need to deal with requests like this one ;) ).
> > 
> > Would that the best way for you? If so we could simply do the same for
> > s390 as well. Please let us know.
> 
> Yes, normally maintainers merge their topic branches into a single
> "for-next" (or similar) branch for me to merge.  However, in some cases
> I carry separate topic branches.  So what ever is easiest.
> 
> I have added the set_fs branch today (I called it s390-setfs).  If this
> is going to be short lived (or you decide to do the merge yourself),
> please try to remember to tell me to remove it when it is done with.

Ok, so we have a "for-next" branch now:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git for-next

If you would include that in linux-next then you can drop the
following ones:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git#fixes
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git#features
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git#set_fs

Thanks a lot!