Subject: Re: linux-next: add s390 set_fs branch?

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 08:54:29 +1000

Hi Heiko,

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 18:28:46 +0200 Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Ok, so we have a "for-next" branch now:
> 
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git for-next
> 
> If you would include that in linux-next then you can drop the
> following ones:
> 
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git#fixes
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git#features
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/s390/linux.git#set_fs

I have removed the s390-setfs tree and updated the s390 tree.  I like
to keep the s390-fixes tree separate as I merge all the pending fixes
early and they get tested separately.   That should not stop you
merging your fixes branch into your for-next branch as well (to get rid
of conflicts or you local testing).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell