Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the pm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 18:11:26 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the pm tree, today's linux-next build (i386 defconfig)
produced this warning:

In file included from include/acpi/acpi.h:24,
                 from drivers/acpi/acpica/hwgpe.c:10:
drivers/acpi/acpica/hwgpe.c: In function 'acpi_hw_gpe_read':
include/acpi/actypes.h:501:48: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
  501 | #define ACPI_CAST_PTR(t, p)             ((t *) (acpi_uintptr_t) (p))
      |                                                ^
drivers/acpi/acpica/acmacros.h:18:41: note: in expansion of macro 'ACPI_CAST_PTR'
   18 | #define ACPI_CAST8(ptr)                 ACPI_CAST_PTR (u8, (ptr))
      |                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/acpi/acpica/acmacros.h:22:43: note: in expansion of macro 'ACPI_CAST8'
   22 | #define ACPI_GET8(ptr)                  (*ACPI_CAST8 (ptr))
      |                                           ^~~~~~~~~~
drivers/acpi/acpica/hwgpe.c:50:17: note: in expansion of macro 'ACPI_GET8'
   50 |   *value = (u64)ACPI_GET8(reg->address);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~
drivers/acpi/acpica/hwgpe.c: In function 'acpi_hw_gpe_write':
include/acpi/actypes.h:501:48: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
  501 | #define ACPI_CAST_PTR(t, p)             ((t *) (acpi_uintptr_t) (p))
      |                                                ^
drivers/acpi/acpica/acmacros.h:18:41: note: in expansion of macro 'ACPI_CAST_PTR'
   18 | #define ACPI_CAST8(ptr)                 ACPI_CAST_PTR (u8, (ptr))
      |                                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/acpi/acpica/acmacros.h:26:43: note: in expansion of macro 'ACPI_CAST8'
   26 | #define ACPI_SET8(ptr, val)             (*ACPI_CAST8 (ptr) = (u8) (val))
      |                                           ^~~~~~~~~~
drivers/acpi/acpica/hwgpe.c:85:3: note: in expansion of macro 'ACPI_SET8'
   85 |   ACPI_SET8(reg->address, value);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  7a8379eb41a4 ("ACPICA: Add support for using logical addresses of GPE blocks")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell