Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the nvdimm tree with the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 16:45:29 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the nvdimm tree got a conflict in:

  lib/iov_iter.c

between commit:

  e33ea6e5ba6a ("x86/uaccess: Use pointer masking to limit uaccess speculation")

from the vfs tree and commit:

  0a78de3d4b7b ("x86, powerpc: Rename memcpy_mcsafe() to copy_mc_to_{user, kernel}()")

from the nvdimm tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter, but I suspect that more work is
needed) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell