Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the pci tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 15:35:10 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kernel/apic/msi.c

between commit:

  2705b8e4d46f ("x86/apic/msi: Use Real PCI DMA device when configuring IRTE")

from the pci tree and commit:

  7ca435cf857d ("x86/irq: Cleanup the arch_*_msi_irqs() leftovers")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (the latter removed the code updated by the former, so I
did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell