Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 13:54:05 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/ingenic/ingenic-drm-drv.c: In function 'ingenic_drm_sync_data':
drivers/gpu/drm/ingenic/ingenic-drm-drv.c:478:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'dma_cache_sync'; did you mean 'regcache_sync'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  478 |    dma_cache_sync(priv->dev, addr + offset,
      |    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |    regcache_sync
drivers/gpu/drm/ingenic/ingenic-drm-drv.c: In function 'ingenic_drm_gem_mmap':
drivers/gpu/drm/ingenic/ingenic-drm-drv.c:671:11: error: 'DMA_ATTR_NON_CONSISTENT' undeclared (first use in this function)
  671 |   attrs = DMA_ATTR_NON_CONSISTENT;
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/ingenic/ingenic-drm-drv.c:671:11: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Caused by commit

  37054fc81443 ("gpu/drm: ingenic: Add option to mmap GEM buffers cached")

interacting with commits

  5a8429227140 ("dma-mapping: remove dma_cache_sync")
  efa70f2fdc84 ("dma-mapping: add a new dma_alloc_pages API")

from the dma-mapping tree.

Its not immediately obvious how to fix this up, so I have just marked
CONFIG_DRM_INGENIC as BROKEN until a fix up is provided.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell