Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the amdgpu tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:48:38 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the amdgpu tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/pm/swsmu/amdgpu_smu.c

between commit:

  3cb9d2416ccd ("drm/amd/pm: setup APU dpm clock table in SMU HW initialization")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  44d6e160f60a ("drm/amd/pm: setup APU dpm clock table in SMU HW initialization")

from the amdgpu tree.

So this is one of the things that can go wrong when you have the same
patch obn both sides of a merge ... due to the context not verying
very much, the chunk of code that is moved into smu_smc_hw_setup()
by these identical patches was inserted twice by the automatic git
mrege resolution.

I fixed it up (I removed the second copy of the code) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell