Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the parisc-hd tree with the asm-generic tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 12:38:41 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the parisc-hd tree got a conflict in:

  arch/parisc/kernel/time.c

between commit:

  686092e7daaa ("parisc: use legacy_timer_tick")

from the asm-generic tree and commit:

  3b7ab4a74a2d ("parisc: Switch to clockevent based timers")

from the parisc-hd tree.

I fixed it up (I effectively reverted the former commit) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell