Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 17:45:49 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs)
produced this warning:

Documentation/filesystems/proc.rst:296: WARNING: Malformed table.
Text in column margin in table line 61.

==========================  ===================================================
Field                       Content
==========================  ===================================================
Name                        filename of the executable
Umask                       file mode creation mask
State                       state (R is running, S is sleeping, D is sleeping
                            in an uninterruptible wait, Z is zombie,
                            T is traced or stopped)
Tgid                        thread group ID
Ngid                        NUMA group ID (0 if none)
Pid                         process id
PPid                        process id of the parent process
TracerPid                   PID of process tracing this process (0 if not)
Uid                         Real, effective, saved set, and  file system UIDs
Gid                         Real, effective, saved set, and  file system GIDs
FDSize                      number of file descriptor slots currently allocated
Groups                      supplementary group list
NStgid                      descendant namespace thread group ID hierarchy
NSpid                       descendant namespace process ID hierarchy
NSpgid                      descendant namespace process group ID hierarchy
NSsid                       descendant namespace session ID hierarchy
VmPeak                      peak virtual memory size
VmSize                      total program size
VmLck                       locked memory size
VmPin                       pinned memory size
VmHWM                       peak resident set size ("high water mark")
VmRSS                       size of memory portions. It contains the three
                            following parts
                            (VmRSS = RssAnon + RssFile + RssShmem)
RssAnon                     size of resident anonymous memory
RssFile                     size of resident file mappings
RssShmem                    size of resident shmem memory (includes SysV shm,
                            mapping of tmpfs and shared anonymous mappings)
VmData                      size of private data segments
VmStk                       size of stack segments
VmExe                       size of text segment
VmLib                       size of shared library code
VmPTE                       size of page table entries
VmSwap                      amount of swap used by anonymous private data
                            (shmem swap usage is not included)
HugetlbPages                size of hugetlb memory portions
CoreDumping                 process's memory is currently being dumped
                            (killing the process may lead to a corrupted core)
THP_enabled                 process is allowed to use THP (returns 0 when
                            PR_SET_THP_DISABLE is set on the process
Threads                     number of threads
SigQ                        number of signals queued/max. number for queue
SigPnd                      bitmap of pending signals for the thread
ShdPnd                      bitmap of shared pending signals for the process
SigBlk                      bitmap of blocked signals
SigIgn                      bitmap of ignored signals
SigCgt                      bitmap of caught signals
CapInh                      bitmap of inheritable capabilities
CapPrm                      bitmap of permitted capabilities
CapEff                      bitmap of effective capabilities
CapBnd                      bitmap of capabilities bounding set
CapAmb                      bitmap of ambient capabilities
NoNewPrivs                  no_new_privs, like prctl(PR_GET_NO_NEW_PRIV, ...)
Seccomp                     seccomp mode, like prctl(PR_GET_SECCOMP, ...)
Speculation_Store_Bypass    speculative store bypass mitigation status
Speculation_Indirect_Branch indirect branch speculation mode
Cpus_allowed                mask of CPUs on which this process may run
Cpus_allowed_list           Same as previous, but in "list format"
Mems_allowed                mask of memory nodes allowed to this process
Mems_allowed_list           Same as previous, but in "list format"
voluntary_ctxt_switches     number of voluntary context switches
nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches  number of non voluntary context switches
==========================  ===================================================
Documentation/filesystems/proc.rst:234: WARNING: Error parsing content block for the "table" directive: exactly one table expected.

.. table:: Table 1-2: Contents of the status files (as of 4.19)

 ==========================  ===================================================
 Field                       Content
 ==========================  ===================================================
 Name                        filename of the executable
 Umask                       file mode creation mask
 State                       state (R is running, S is sleeping, D is sleeping
                             in an uninterruptible wait, Z is zombie,
                             T is traced or stopped)
 Tgid                        thread group ID
 Ngid                        NUMA group ID (0 if none)
 Pid                         process id
 PPid                        process id of the parent process
 TracerPid                   PID of process tracing this process (0 if not)
 Uid                         Real, effective, saved set, and  file system UIDs
 Gid                         Real, effective, saved set, and  file system GIDs
 FDSize                      number of file descriptor slots currently allocated
 Groups                      supplementary group list
 NStgid                      descendant namespace thread group ID hierarchy
 NSpid                       descendant namespace process ID hierarchy
 NSpgid                      descendant namespace process group ID hierarchy
 NSsid                       descendant namespace session ID hierarchy
 VmPeak                      peak virtual memory size
 VmSize                      total program size
 VmLck                       locked memory size
 VmPin                       pinned memory size
 VmHWM                       peak resident set size ("high water mark")
 VmRSS                       size of memory portions. It contains the three
                             following parts
                             (VmRSS = RssAnon + RssFile + RssShmem)
 RssAnon                     size of resident anonymous memory
 RssFile                     size of resident file mappings
 RssShmem                    size of resident shmem memory (includes SysV shm,
                             mapping of tmpfs and shared anonymous mappings)
 VmData                      size of private data segments
 VmStk                       size of stack segments
 VmExe                       size of text segment
 VmLib                       size of shared library code
 VmPTE                       size of page table entries
 VmSwap                      amount of swap used by anonymous private data
                             (shmem swap usage is not included)
 HugetlbPages                size of hugetlb memory portions
 CoreDumping                 process's memory is currently being dumped
                             (killing the process may lead to a corrupted core)
 THP_enabled                 process is allowed to use THP (returns 0 when
                             PR_SET_THP_DISABLE is set on the process
 Threads                     number of threads
 SigQ                        number of signals queued/max. number for queue
 SigPnd                      bitmap of pending signals for the thread
 ShdPnd                      bitmap of shared pending signals for the process
 SigBlk                      bitmap of blocked signals
 SigIgn                      bitmap of ignored signals
 SigCgt                      bitmap of caught signals
 CapInh                      bitmap of inheritable capabilities
 CapPrm                      bitmap of permitted capabilities
 CapEff                      bitmap of effective capabilities
 CapBnd                      bitmap of capabilities bounding set
 CapAmb                      bitmap of ambient capabilities
 NoNewPrivs                  no_new_privs, like prctl(PR_GET_NO_NEW_PRIV, ...)
 Seccomp                     seccomp mode, like prctl(PR_GET_SECCOMP, ...)
 Speculation_Store_Bypass    speculative store bypass mitigation status
 Speculation_Indirect_Branch indirect branch speculation mode
 Cpus_allowed                mask of CPUs on which this process may run
 Cpus_allowed_list           Same as previous, but in "list format"
 Mems_allowed                mask of memory nodes allowed to this process
 Mems_allowed_list           Same as previous, but in "list format"
 voluntary_ctxt_switches     number of voluntary context switches
 nonvoluntary_ctxt_switches  number of non voluntary context switches
 ==========================  ===================================================

Introduced by commit

  60b492d745d5 ("proc: provide details on indirect branch speculation")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell