Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the usb tree

From: Prashant Malani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 22:38:48 -0800

Hi Stephen,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 04:15:06PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (htmldocs) produced
> this warning:
> 
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> drivers/usb/typec/class.c:632: warning: Excess function parameter 'num_alt_modes' description in 'typec_partner_set_num_altmodes'
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   a0ccdc4a77a1 ("usb: typec: Add number of altmodes partner attr")

Thank you for the email, and my apologies about the warning. I've sent a
patch the mailing lists which should hopefully fix this [1].

Please let me know if there is further action required from my side.

Best regards,

[1]:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-usb/[email-masked]/
> -- 
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell