Subject: Re: [External] linux-next: build failure after merge of the pm tree

From: Jonathan Corbet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 07:33:52 -0700

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 08:56:31 -0500
Mark Pearson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I do see:
>    WARNING: document isn't included in any toctree
> but I think this is benign - I believe I'm getting it just because I
> converted the file to .rst (as requested by Andy Shevchenko). If this is
> important and needs to be addressed urgently as well let me know.

Normally this is solved by adding the newly created document to the
index.rst file in the same directory.

There isn't one in Documentation/ABI/testing, though; in fact, there are
no RST files there.  Files in Documentation/ABI are in a special format
that is processed into RST during the docs build.  If we want to add
information outside of any specific ABI entry there, we're going to have
to decide how we want to do that.  It may well be, though, that the
introductory information just belongs in the admin guide instead.

Thanks,

jon