Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the akpm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 08:17:14 +1100

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 11:19:45 +1100 Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > On Wed, 09 Dec 2020 15:44:35 +1100 Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> wrote:  
> >>
> >> They should really be in DATA_DATA or similar shouldn't they?  
> >
> > No other architecture appears t need them ...  
> 
> Any arch with orphan-handling=warn should see them I thought?

I did an x86_64 allyesconfig build (same compiler (more or less) and
same source) and it produces none of these sections.  The only
difference in UBSAN CONFIG_ options was that CONFIG_UBSAN_UNREACHABLE
is not set in the x86_64 build.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell