Subject: Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the clk tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 08:35:18 +1100

Hi Geert,

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:52:41 +0100 Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > trees can be pulled into linux-next? That would find this earlier.  
> 
> That sounds like a great idea, also for pinctrl.
> Can you please add the following:
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/renesas-drivers.git
> renesas-clk
>     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/renesas-drivers.git
> renesas-pinctrl
> ?

Added from today.  Called clk-renesas and pinctrl-renesas respectively.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]