Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the spi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 11:06:38 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the spi tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/linux/dmaengine.h:8,
                 from drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:11:
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c: In function 'stm32_spi_prepare_msg':
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:20: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'long unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dev_printk.h:19:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
   19 | #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
      |                      ^~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |  ^~~~~~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:27: note: format string is defined here
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                          ~^
      |                           |
      |                           int
      |                          %ld
In file included from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/linux/dmaengine.h:8,
                 from drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:11:
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:20: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'long unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dev_printk.h:19:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
   19 | #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
      |                      ^~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |  ^~~~~~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:35: note: format string is defined here
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                                  ~^
      |                                   |
      |                                   int
      |                                  %ld
In file included from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/linux/dmaengine.h:8,
                 from drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:11:
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:20: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 6 has type 'long unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dev_printk.h:19:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
   19 | #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
      |                      ^~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |  ^~~~~~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:48: note: format string is defined here
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                                               ~^
      |                                                |
      |                                                int
      |                                               %ld
In file included from include/linux/device.h:15,
                 from include/linux/dmaengine.h:8,
                 from drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:11:
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:20: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 7 has type 'long unsigned int' [-Wformat=]
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/dev_printk.h:19:22: note: in definition of macro 'dev_fmt'
   19 | #define dev_fmt(fmt) fmt
      |                      ^~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:2: note: in expansion of macro 'dev_dbg'
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |  ^~~~~~~
drivers/spi/spi-stm32.c:1030:59: note: format string is defined here
 1030 |  dev_dbg(spi->dev, "cpol=%d cpha=%d lsb_first=%d cs_high=%d\n",
      |                                                          ~^
      |                                                           |
      |                                                           int
      |                                                          %ld

Introduced by commit

  f7005142dace ("spi: uapi: unify SPI modes into a single spi.h header")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell