Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the fscache tree with the pidfd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 10:00:38 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the fscache tree got a conflict in:

  include/linux/fs.h

between commit:

  ba73d98745be ("namei: handle idmapped mounts in may_*() helpers")

from the pidfd tree and commit:

  0de0bdfa19fa ("vfs: Export rw_verify_area() for use by cachefiles")

from the fscache tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc include/linux/fs.h
index 7762d3d75230,493804856ab3..000000000000
--- a/include/linux/fs.h
+++ b/include/linux/fs.h
@@@ -2839,22 -2756,11 +2839,23 @@@ static inline int bmap(struct inode *in
  }
  #endif
  
 -extern int notify_change(struct dentry *, struct iattr *, struct inode **);
 -extern int inode_permission(struct inode *, int);
 -extern int generic_permission(struct inode *, int);
 -extern int __check_sticky(struct inode *dir, struct inode *inode);
 +int notify_change(struct user_namespace *, struct dentry *,
 +		  struct iattr *, struct inode **);
 +int inode_permission(struct user_namespace *, struct inode *, int);
 +int generic_permission(struct user_namespace *, struct inode *, int);
 +static inline int file_permission(struct file *file, int mask)
 +{
 +	return inode_permission(file_mnt_user_ns(file),
 +				file_inode(file), mask);
 +}
 +static inline int path_permission(const struct path *path, int mask)
 +{
 +	return inode_permission(mnt_user_ns(path->mnt),
 +				d_inode(path->dentry), mask);
 +}
 +int __check_sticky(struct user_namespace *mnt_userns, struct inode *dir,
 +		   struct inode *inode);
+ extern int rw_verify_area(int, struct file *, const loff_t *, size_t);
  
  static inline bool execute_ok(struct inode *inode)
  {