Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the btrfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 12:36:18 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the btrfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) produced these warnings:

fs/btrfs/file-item.c:44: warning: expecting prototype for s size according to filesystem options(). Prototype was for btrfs_inode_safe_disk_i_size_write() instead
fs/btrfs/file-item.c:82: warning: expecting prototype for Mark range within a file as having a new extent inserted(). Prototype was for btrfs_inode_set_file_extent_range() instead
fs/btrfs/file-item.c:110: warning: expecting prototype for Marks an inode range as not having a backing extent(). Prototype was for btrfs_inode_clear_file_extent_range() instead
fs/btrfs/file-item.c:354: warning: wrong kernel-doc identifier on line:
 * Lookup the checksum for the read bio in csum tree.
fs/btrfs/extent_map.c:402: warning: expecting prototype for Add new extent map to the extent tree(). Prototype was for add_extent_mapping() instead
fs/btrfs/extent_map.c:603: warning: expecting prototype for Add extent mapping into em_tree(). Prototype was for btrfs_add_extent_mapping() instead
fs/btrfs/extent_io.c:415: warning: expecting prototype for Such entry would have(). Prototype was for __etree_search() instead
fs/btrfs/extent_io.c:1609: warning: expecting prototype for Find a contiguous area of bits(). Prototype was for find_contiguous_extent_bit() instead
fs/btrfs/extent_io.c:1646: warning: expecting prototype for This range could start before(). Prototype was for find_first_clear_extent_bit() instead
fs/btrfs/extent_io.c:4260: warning: wrong kernel-doc identifier on line:
 * Walk the list of dirty pages of the given address space and write all of them.
fs/btrfs/delayed-ref.c:81: warning: expecting prototype for s reservation(). Prototype was for btrfs_delayed_refs_rsv_release() instead
fs/btrfs/delayed-ref.c:130: warning: expecting prototype for Transfer bytes to our delayed refs rsv(). Prototype was for btrfs_migrate_to_delayed_refs_rsv() instead
fs/btrfs/delayed-ref.c:177: warning: expecting prototype for Refill based on our delayed refs usage(). Prototype was for btrfs_delayed_refs_rsv_refill() instead
fs/btrfs/free-space-cache.c:1329: warning: expecting prototype for Write out cached info to an inode(). Prototype was for __btrfs_write_out_cache() instead
fs/btrfs/inode.c:3110: warning: expecting prototype for Wait for flushing all delayed iputs(). Prototype was for btrfs_wait_on_delayed_iputs() instead
fs/btrfs/backref.c:1525: warning: expecting prototype for Check if an extent is shared or not(). Prototype was for btrfs_check_shared() instead
fs/btrfs/discard.c:205: warning: expecting prototype for Wrap find_next_block_group(). Prototype was for peek_discard_list() instead
fs/btrfs/delalloc-space.c:207: warning: expecting prototype for Release any excessive reservation(). Prototype was for btrfs_inode_rsv_release() instead
fs/btrfs/delalloc-space.c:378: warning: expecting prototype for Release a metadata reservation for an inode(). Prototype was for btrfs_delalloc_release_metadata() instead
fs/btrfs/delalloc-space.c:477: warning: expecting prototype for Release data and metadata space for delalloc(). Prototype was for btrfs_delalloc_release_space() instead
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:572: warning: expecting prototype for Possibly commit the transaction if its ok to(). Prototype was for may_commit_transaction() instead
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:1373: warning: Function parameter or member 'start_ns' not described in 'handle_reserve_ticket'
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:1373: warning: Function parameter or member 'orig_bytes' not described in 'handle_reserve_ticket'
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:1373: warning: expecting prototype for Do the appropriate flushing and waiting for a ticket(). Prototype was for handle_reserve_ticket() instead
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:1478: warning: expecting prototype for s space(). Prototype was for __reserve_bytes() instead
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:1604: warning: expecting prototype for s space(). Prototype was for btrfs_reserve_metadata_bytes() instead
fs/btrfs/space-info.c:1640: warning: expecting prototype for Try to reserve data bytes for an allocation(). Prototype was for btrfs_reserve_data_bytes() instead
fs/btrfs/block-group.c:1583: warning: expecting prototype for Map a physical disk address to a list of logical addresses(). Prototype was for btrfs_rmap_block() instead

Introduced by commits

  5001aa0708b9 ("btrfs: fix function description formats in file-item.c")
  1cf15d8d422e ("btrfs: document modified parameter of add_extent_mapping")
  d0295ba341a8 ("btrfs: fix parameter description of btrfs_add_extent_mapping")
  b4a01a9a613b ("btrfs: fix parameter description for functions in extent_io.c")
  28eef9969992 ("btrfs: fix parameter description in delayed-ref.c functions")
  d89752bbf791 ("btrfs: improve parameter description for __btrfs_write_out_cache")

and so on ...

Presumably exposed by commit

  52042e2db452 ("scripts: kernel-doc: validate kernel-doc markup with the actual names")

from the jc_docs tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell