Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the char-misc tree with the tty tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 15:53:41 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the char-misc tree got conflicts in:

  drivers/tty/n_tracerouter.c
  drivers/tty/n_tracesink.c

between commit:

  3b830a9c34d5 ("tty: convert tty_ldisc_ops 'read()' function to take a kernel pointer")

from the tty tree and commit:

  8ba59e9dee31 ("misc: pti: Remove driver for deprecated platform")

from the char-misc tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the file) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell