Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:38:42 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.c:18:
drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.h: In function 'usbip_kcov_handle_init':
drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.h:348:20: error: implicit declaration of function 'kcov_common_handle' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  348 |  ud->kcov_handle = kcov_common_handle();
      |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.h: In function 'usbip_kcov_remote_start':
drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.h:353:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'kcov_remote_start_common' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  353 |  kcov_remote_start_common(ud->kcov_handle);
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.h: In function 'usbip_kcov_remote_stop':
drivers/usb/usbip/usbip_common.h:358:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'kcov_remote_stop'; did you mean 'usbip_kcov_remote_stop'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  358 |  kcov_remote_stop();
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |  usbip_kcov_remote_stop

Caused by commit

  eae7a59d5a1e ("kcov: Remove kcov include from sched.h and move it to its users.")

I have used the tip tree from next-20210302 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell