Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tty tree with the powerpc-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 12:05:23 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tty tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/tty/hvc/hvcs.c

between commit:

  386a966f5ce7 ("vio: make remove callback return void")

from the powerpc-fixes tree and commit:

  fb8d350c291c ("tty: hvc, drop unneeded forward declarations")

from the tty tree.

I fixed it up (they both removed the forward decalrartion of
hvcs_remove(), but the latter removed more) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell