Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the risc-v tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 17:37:02 +1100

Hi all,

Tomorrow's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree will get a
conflict in:

  Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt

between commit:

  f6e5aedf470b ("riscv: Add support for memtest")

from the risc-v tree and commit:

  6b8f5ba8661b ("mm,memory_hotplug: add kernel boot option to enable memmap_on_memory")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
index b816481dfaef,04b4e76be65b..000000000000
--- a/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
+++ b/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
@@@ -2800,23 -2802,7 +2808,23 @@@
  			seconds.  Use this parameter to check at some
  			other rate.  0 disables periodic checking.
  
 +	memory_hotplug.memmap_on_memory
 +			[KNL,X86,ARM] Boolean flag to enable this feature.
 +			Format: {on | off (default)}
 +			When enabled, memory to build the pages tables for the
 +			memmap array describing the hot-added range will be taken
 +			from the range itself, so the memmap page tables will be
 +			self-hosted.
 +			Since only single memory device ranges are supported at
 +			the moment, this option is disabled by default because
 +			it might have an impact on workloads that needs large
 +			contiguous memory chunks.
 +			The state of the flag can be read in
 +			/sys/module/memory_hotplug/parameters/memmap_on_memory.
 +			Note that even when enabled, there are a few cases where
 +			the feature is not effective.
 +
- 	memtest=	[KNL,X86,ARM,PPC] Enable memtest
+ 	memtest=	[KNL,X86,ARM,PPC,RISCV] Enable memtest
  			Format: <integer>
  			default : 0 <disable>
  			Specifies the number of memtest passes to be