Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 20:34:49 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

  Makefile

between commit:

  2f8864dbe668 ("kbuild: move module strip/compression code into scripts/Makefile.modinst")

from the kbuild tree and commit:

  7b35c1a01c2e ("init: add support for zstd compressed modules")

from the akpm-current tree.

Also commit

  ee2305118fc3 ("kbuild: add support for zstd compressed modules")

from the kbuild tree seems to do the same as the akpm-current commit
above, so I just effectively reverted the akpm-current commit.

I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell