Subject: linux-next: Tree for Apr 28

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:05:19 +1000

Please do not add any v5.14 material to your linux-next included branches
until after v5.13-rc1 has been released.

Hi all,

Changes since 20210427:

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 9924
 8404 files changed, 536975 insertions(+), 201587 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a
multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf. After
the final fixups (if any), I do an x86_64 modules_install followed by
builds for x86_64 allnoconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
ppc44x_defconfig, allyesconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, sparc
and sparc64 defconfig and htmldocs. And finally, a simple boot test
of the powerpc pseries_le_defconfig kernel in qemu (with and without
kvm enabled).

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 341 trees (counting Linus' and 89 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell