Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 15:28:06 +1000

Hi all,

As Randy also reported ...

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

mm/slab_common.c:764:8: error: array index in initializer exceeds array bounds
  764 |  .name[KMALLOC_RECLAIM] = "kmalloc-rcl-" #__short_size, \
      |        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mm/slab_common.c:776:2: note: in expansion of macro 'INIT_KMALLOC_INFO'
  776 |  INIT_KMALLOC_INFO(0, 0),
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mm/slab_common.c:756:39: error: array index in initializer exceeds array bounds
  756 | #define KMALLOC_CGROUP_NAME(sz) .name[KMALLOC_CGROUP] = "kmalloc-cg-" #sz,
      |                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mm/slab_common.c:765:2: note: in expansion of macro 'KMALLOC_CGROUP_NAME'
  765 |  KMALLOC_CGROUP_NAME(__short_size)   \
      |  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and more

Caused by commits

  4d57437a3d3c ("mm: memcg/slab: create a new set of kmalloc-cg-<n> caches")
  0727bf117622 ("mm: memcg/slab: don't create kmalloc-cg caches with cgroup.memory=nokmem")
  d795c307bd3a ("mm: memcg/slab: disable cache merging for KMALLOC_NORMAL caches")

At least they are the commits I have reverted to fix this.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell