Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the hyperv tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 17:04:21 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the hyperv tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/printk.h:7,
                 from include/linux/kernel.h:17,
                 from drivers/hv/hv_util.c:11:
drivers/hv/hv_util.c: In function 'hv_timesync_init':
include/linux/kern_levels.h:5:18: warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'int' [-Wformat=]
    5 | #define KERN_SOH "\001"  /* ASCII Start Of Header */
      |                  ^~~~~~
include/linux/kern_levels.h:11:18: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_SOH'
   11 | #define KERN_ERR KERN_SOH "3" /* error conditions */
      |                  ^~~~~~~~
include/linux/printk.h:343:9: note: in expansion of macro 'KERN_ERR'
  343 |  printk(KERN_ERR pr_fmt(fmt), ##__VA_ARGS__)
      |         ^~~~~~~~
drivers/hv/hv_util.c:753:3: note: in expansion of macro 'pr_err'
  753 |   pr_err("cannot register PTP clock: %ld\n",
      |   ^~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  32c0ff83550e ("hv_utils: Fix passing zero to 'PTR_ERR' warning")

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell