Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-intel tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 11:58:12 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-intel tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c: In function 'init_skl_mmio_info':
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3345:9: error: 'CSR_SSP_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'DMC_SSP_BASE'?
 3345 |  MMIO_D(CSR_SSP_BASE, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:2120:48: note: in definition of macro 'MMIO_F'
 2120 |  ret = new_mmio_info(gvt, i915_mmio_reg_offset(reg), \
      |                                                ^~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3345:2: note: in expansion of macro 'MMIO_D'
 3345 |  MMIO_D(CSR_SSP_BASE, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |  ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3345:9: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
 3345 |  MMIO_D(CSR_SSP_BASE, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:2120:48: note: in definition of macro 'MMIO_F'
 2120 |  ret = new_mmio_info(gvt, i915_mmio_reg_offset(reg), \
      |                                                ^~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3345:2: note: in expansion of macro 'MMIO_D'
 3345 |  MMIO_D(CSR_SSP_BASE, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |  ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3346:9: error: 'CSR_HTP_SKL' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'DMC_HTP_SKL'?
 3346 |  MMIO_D(CSR_HTP_SKL, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:2120:48: note: in definition of macro 'MMIO_F'
 2120 |  ret = new_mmio_info(gvt, i915_mmio_reg_offset(reg), \
      |                                                ^~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3346:2: note: in expansion of macro 'MMIO_D'
 3346 |  MMIO_D(CSR_HTP_SKL, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |  ^~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3347:9: error: 'CSR_LAST_WRITE' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'DMC_LAST_WRITE'?
 3347 |  MMIO_D(CSR_LAST_WRITE, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:2120:48: note: in definition of macro 'MMIO_F'
 2120 |  ret = new_mmio_info(gvt, i915_mmio_reg_offset(reg), \
      |                                                ^~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3347:2: note: in expansion of macro 'MMIO_D'
 3347 |  MMIO_D(CSR_LAST_WRITE, D_SKL_PLUS);
      |  ^~~~~~
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h:64,
                 from drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:39:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c: At top level:
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/handlers.c:3658:21: error: 'CSR_MMIO_START_RANGE' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'DMC_MMIO_START_RANGE'?
 3658 |  {D_SKL_PLUS, _MMIO(CSR_MMIO_START_RANGE), 0x3000, NULL, NULL},
      |                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_reg.h:185:47: note: in definition of macro '_MMIO'
  185 | #define _MMIO(r) ((const i915_reg_t){ .reg = (r) })
      |                                               ^

Caused by commit

  0633cdcbaa77 ("drm/i915/dmc: Rename macro names containing csr")

I have used the drm-intel tree from next-20210520 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell