Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:28:25 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c

between commit:

  593f555fbc60 ("net: stmmac: fix kernel panic due to NULL pointer dereference of mdio_bus_data")

from the net tree and commit:

  11059740e616 ("net: pcs: xpcs: convert to phylink_pcs_ops")

from the net-next tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
index c87202cbd3d6,6d41dd6f9f7a..000000000000
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_main.c
@@@ -1240,9 -1222,7 +1222,9 @@@ static int stmmac_phy_setup(struct stmm
  	priv->phylink_config.dev = &priv->dev->dev;
  	priv->phylink_config.type = PHYLINK_NETDEV;
  	priv->phylink_config.pcs_poll = true;
- 	if (priv->plat->mdio_bus_data)
 -	priv->phylink_config.ovr_an_inband = mdio_bus_data->xpcs_an_inband;
++	if (mdio_bus_data)
 +		priv->phylink_config.ovr_an_inband =
- 			priv->plat->mdio_bus_data->xpcs_an_inband;
++			mdio_bus_data->xpcs_an_inband;
  
  	if (!fwnode)
  		fwnode = dev_fwnode(priv->device);