Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 12:33:02 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/infiniband/core/umem_dmabuf.c: In function 'ib_umem_dmabuf_map_pages':
drivers/infiniband/core/umem_dmabuf.c:69:10: error: implicit declaration of function 'dma_resv_get_excl'; did you mean 'dma_resv_get_fences'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   69 |  fence = dma_resv_get_excl(umem_dmabuf->attach->dmabuf->resv);
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |          dma_resv_get_fences
drivers/infiniband/core/umem_dmabuf.c:69:8: warning: assignment to 'struct dma_fence *' from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
   69 |  fence = dma_resv_get_excl(umem_dmabuf->attach->dmabuf->resv);
      |        ^

Caused by commit

  6edbd6abb783 ("dma-buf: rename and cleanup dma_resv_get_excl v3")

I have used the drm-misc tree from next-20210604 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell