Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the gfs2 tree with the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:13:49 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the gfs2 tree got conflicts in:

  include/linux/uio.h
  lib/iov_iter.c

between commit:

  c8129a6f6ed1 ("sanitize iov_iter_fault_in_readable()")

from the vfs tree and commit:

  f8524fce6a88 ("iov_iter: Add iov_iter_fault_in_writeable()")

from the gfs2 tree.

I fixed it up (see below - both commits fixed up the indentation in
iov_iter_fault_in_readable()) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc include/linux/uio.h
index fd88d9911dad,6811eb6ac6e3..000000000000
--- a/include/linux/uio.h
+++ b/include/linux/uio.h
@@@ -115,11 -119,12 +115,12 @@@ static inline struct iovec iov_iter_iov
  	};
  }
  
 -size_t iov_iter_copy_from_user_atomic(struct page *page,
 -		struct iov_iter *i, unsigned long offset, size_t bytes);
 +size_t copy_page_from_iter_atomic(struct page *page, unsigned offset,
 +				  size_t bytes, struct iov_iter *i);
  void iov_iter_advance(struct iov_iter *i, size_t bytes);
  void iov_iter_revert(struct iov_iter *i, size_t bytes);
 -int iov_iter_fault_in_readable(struct iov_iter *i, size_t bytes);
 +int iov_iter_fault_in_readable(const struct iov_iter *i, size_t bytes);
+ int iov_iter_fault_in_writeable(struct iov_iter *i, size_t bytes);
  size_t iov_iter_single_seg_count(const struct iov_iter *i);
  size_t copy_page_to_iter(struct page *page, size_t offset, size_t bytes,
  			 struct iov_iter *i);
diff --cc lib/iov_iter.c
index 8842ca6995c3,317c94eac907..000000000000
--- a/lib/iov_iter.c
+++ b/lib/iov_iter.c