Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:36:02 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/module.h:21,
                 from include/kunit/test.h:15,
                 from kernel/time/time_test.c:3:
kernel/time/time_test.c:99:16: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'GPL'
   99 | MODULE_LICENSE(GPL);
      |                ^~~
include/linux/moduleparam.h:26:47: note: in definition of macro '__MODULE_INFO'
   26 |   = __MODULE_INFO_PREFIX __stringify(tag) "=" info
      |                                               ^~~~
include/linux/module.h:229:46: note: in expansion of macro 'MODULE_INFO'
  229 | #define MODULE_LICENSE(_license) MODULE_FILE MODULE_INFO(license, _license)
      |                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~
kernel/time/time_test.c:99:1: note: in expansion of macro 'MODULE_LICENSE'
   99 | MODULE_LICENSE(GPL);
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  34c7342ac1b4 ("time/kunit: Add missing MODULE_LICENSE()")

I have used the tip tree from next-20210625 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell