Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the irqchip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 07:41:39 +1000

Hi Marc,

On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 17:32:01 +0100 Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 13:50:37 +0100,
> Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 09:10:10 +0100 Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]> wrote:  
> > >
> > > Hmmm... I've had a fix for this sitting in irqchip-fixes for some
> > > time. But I now realise that this branch is not included in -next
> > > while tip tracks it.
> > > 
> > > Any chance you could add [1] to -next in the future?
> > > 
> > > 
> > > [1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git irq/irqchip-fixes  
> > 
> > So I assume this a branch of bug fixes for the current release, right?  
> 
> Yes, that's exactly what this is.
> 
> > In which case I will add it tomorrow.  

Added from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell