Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the kspp-gustavo tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 10:22:30 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the kspp-gustavo tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

/home/sfr/next/next/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem.c: In function 'msm_gem_new_impl':
/home/sfr/next/next/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem.c:1170:6: warning: this statement may fall through [-Wimplicit-fallthrough=]
 1170 |   if (priv->has_cached_coherent)
      |      ^
/home/sfr/next/next/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem.c:1173:2: note: here
 1173 |  default:
      |  ^~~~~~~

Introduced by commit

  d12e339044a0 ("drm/msm: add MSM_BO_CACHED_COHERENT")

Presumably exposed by commit

  73ffc61f4a8b ("Makefile: Enable -Wimplicit-fallthrough for Clang")

though I am not sure why since I am building with gcc.  The first
commit above introduces a new use of /* fallthrough */

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell