Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the drm-next tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:01:22 +0100

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 01:41:30PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:15 PM Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:

> >   drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_drv.h

> > between commit:

> >   ebc9ac7c3dfe ("drm/vmwgfx: Update device headers")

> > from the drm-next tree and commit:

> >   be4f77ac6884 ("drm/vmwgfx: Cleanup fifo mmio handling")

> > from the drm-misc tree.

> I got confused for a bit how we managed a conflict here because vmwgfx
> flows drm-misc.git -> drm.git -> linus. The 2nd patch is in
> drm-misc-fixes, which makes sense, not in drm-misc-next like I assumed
> at first drm-misc means.

I probably misidentified the tree when I was reporting things TBH -
there's so many DRM trees and they're constantly generating conflicts
that I sometimes rush through it a bit, especially for the simpler ones
like this.