Subject: linux-next: Tree for Jul 28

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 00:46:58 +0100

Hi all,

Changes since 20210727:

The net-next tree gained a conflict with the net tree.

There was a build failure in the amdgpu tree, I am using the version
from 20210727.

The devicetree tree gained a conflict with the clk tree.

The drivers-x86 tree gained a build failure and was dropped entirely as
there had been no previous changes in it since the merge window.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 3887
 3986 files changed, 205251 insertions(+), 67330 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches will be at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ if/when
I get kup working).  If you are tracking the linux-next tree using git,
you should not use "git pull" to do so as that will try to merge the new
linux-next release with the old one.  You should use "git fetch" and
checkout or reset to the new master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with an arm64 defconfig, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a
multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf. After
the final fixups (if any), I do an x86_64 modules_install followed by
builds for x86_64 allnoconfig, arm64 allnoconfig, and htmldocs.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 333 trees (counting Linus' and 90 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of Stephen's local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to
add more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.