Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-msm tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:28:54 +0100

Hi all,

After merging the drm-msm tree, today's linux-next build (arm64
defconfig) failed like this:

/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.c: In function 'msm_ringbuffer_new':
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.c:104:29: error: passing argument 7 of 'drm_sched_init' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  104 |    NULL, to_msm_bo(ring->bo)->name);
In file included from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.h:10,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.c:7:
/tmp/next/build/include/drm/gpu_scheduler.h:345:16: note: expected 'atomic_t *' {aka 'struct <anonymous> *'} but argument is of type 'char *'
  345 |      atomic_t *score, const char *name);
      |      ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~
/tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.c:102:8: error: too few arguments to function 'drm_sched_init'
  102 |  ret = drm_sched_init(&ring->sched, &msm_sched_ops,
      |        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.h:10,
                 from /tmp/next/build/drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_ringbuffer.c:7:
/tmp/next/build/include/drm/gpu_scheduler.h:341:5: note: declared here
  341 | int drm_sched_init(struct drm_gpu_scheduler *sched,
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Probably caused by commit

  1d8a5ca436ee4a28ee ("drm/msm: Conversion to drm scheduler")

Since there was previously nothing in the drm-msm tree I've just dropped
the branch.