Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the phy-next tree with the usb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:10:23 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the phy-next tree got a conflict in:

  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/qcom,qmp-usb3-dp-phy.yaml

between commit:

  e516ac5d48fe ("dt-bindings: phy: qcom,qmp-usb3-dp: Add support for SC7280")

from the usb tree and commit:

  1a00d130596f ("dt-bindings: phy: qcom,qmp-usb3-dp: Add support for sc8180x")

from the phy-next tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/qcom,qmp-usb3-dp-phy.yaml
index 20199833f144,1d49cc3d4eae..000000000000
--- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/qcom,qmp-usb3-dp-phy.yaml
+++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/qcom,qmp-usb3-dp-phy.yaml
@@@ -14,7 -14,7 +14,8 @@@ properties
    compatible:
      enum:
        - qcom,sc7180-qmp-usb3-dp-phy
 +      - qcom,sc7280-qmp-usb3-dp-phy
+       - qcom,sc8180x-qmp-usb3-dp-phy
        - qcom,sdm845-qmp-usb3-dp-phy
        - qcom,sm8250-qmp-usb3-dp-phy
    reg: